We are an SGI motor vehicle license issuer. Our services include:
- Driver's license renewal
- Vehicle registration, transfer and renewal
- License plate cancellation
- Photo ID for driver's licenses
- In-transit and other permit issuing
- Driver's abstracts
- Vehicle serial number searches
For the convenience of our customers, we are open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays. We will look after your motor vehicle licensing needs on your way to or from work, or anytime in between.
We have four terminals to ensure you get fast and efficient service.
SGI Online Services
MySGI enables you to complete a number of SGI transactions online. Click here to register or login.
With MySGI you can do all of the following from the comfort of your own home:
- Renew a vehicle registration - Renew the registration for most personal and some farm vehicles (vehicles registered in commercial classes and farm class where the farm declaration is due are not available on MySGI at this time).
- Cancel a vehicle registration - Registration cancellations are available for any valid plate registered to an individual, including private passenger vehicles, farm, commercial and taxis (except those registrations issued for interprovincial travel under the IRP Agreement).
- Annual driver's licence payment - Customers who have chosen the annual payment option for their 5-year driver's licence can make 1 or more annual payments.
Note: Your annual payment must be made before the due date to avoid cancellation of your driver's licence.
- Registration Eligibility Declaration completion - Customers using the AutoPay program with 'Continuous' stickers on their licence plates can complete their declaration, which is required every year.
- Replace a driver's licence - Request replacement of your current driver's licence with your existing photo.
Note: Changing your address will automatically reprint your driver's licence with your new address.
- Replace an identification card - Request replacement of your current identification card with your existing photo.
Note: Changing your address will automatically reprint your identification card with your new address.
- Request a driver's abstract - You can order a proof of driving history and a history of all vehicles registered and insured in your name. Commercial driver abstracts are also available at no additional cost.
- Schedule a road test - Book your Class 5 or motorcycle road test at one of our test office locations (not all locations are eligible for selection online at this time). If changes are required to your road test, you can also reschedule or cancel your appointment.
- Receivable payment - Payments can be made for outstanding amounts owing.
- Information viewing - View your personal, driver and vehicle information and any notices that may be posted to your profile.
- Information updating - Update your contact information and change your address.
- Change preferred method of correspondence - Allows you to specify whether you'd like to receive correspondence from SGI by mail or email.
- Print an SDR Safe Rating History letter - This letter explains your complete safety rating as of the date of this letter.
- Get a vehicle's history - This is a free service that looks up the VIN of the vehicle and provides the status of the vehicle (if any), its most recent Saskatchewan registration expiry date, its damage claims history in Saskatchewan since Nov. 1, 2002 and whether the Saskatchewan PST is payable. The results only include claims paid under SGI's Auto Fund licence plate insurance.
- File a claim and book a damage appraisal - Our Auto eClaim registration is a fast and easy way to file your auto claim and book a vehicle damage appraisal appointment online anytime. Do not use this service to report an injury claim or a glass claim due to thrown objects from another vehicle.
- Calculate registration and insurance rates - Our rate calculator provides rates for the basic registration and insurance package that comes with Saskatchewan licence plates.
- View salvage items for sale - This service allows you to search our salvage inventory for parts for your vehicle, and even place a bid online.
- Find a Location - Allows you to look up the location of a motor licence issuer, a driver educator, a car seat technician or clinic, a claims centre, a driver exam office, a vehicle inspection station or a salvage centre.
Please note that MySGI services are now available to individual, joint and company customers. Not all vehicle registrations are eligible for online transactions at this time.
COMING SOON: Customers will soon be able to renew commercial vehicle plates (classes A, C, D and PV) through MySaskAuto.